Tuesday 8 September 2009

Happy Birthday...

...to dear Steve who turned 40 on Saturday (we've been having far too much fun at Center Parcs to post about it until now!) Anyway, I thought I would share with you a picture of his present. I first saw Hannah Louise Lamb's coast rings in Country Living nearly a year ago, and was struck by their original design and the fact that they are so personal. The rings come in two interlocking parts, (brushed and polished finishes) and are handmade to order, so you can choose a coastline that is special to you - how amazing is that?!


Naturally I chose the stretch of coast around Whitsand Bay, as we go there with the boys as often as we can. It's a gorgeous beach with fine sand and shallow pools when the tide is out, but as it is south west facing, it is also a great place to find driftwood (although extremely hard work lugging it back up the cliff path!)

I was a little worried about how the gift would be received as Steve's not usually a jewellery kind of guy, but he seemed a bit overwhelmed and even had a little cry (this did not come as a huge surprise from a man who cries at The Sound Of Music!)

I think that means he likes it!

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea. Really beautiful rings. I really struggle with presents for my husband, but struck gold when we got him a guitar for his 40th. Cue mid-life crisis....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Steve. Gorgeous present xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Hope Herbie is ok.x

    ReplyDelete