Sunday 11 October 2009

Wonderful wood

So I was thinking to myself about whose talent I could showcase on this weeks post and then it dawned on me! I could do a little feature on the genius that is Steve Clark, who just happens to be my partner!

Completely self-taught, Steve got the bug after he borrowed an electric drill from a friend one weekend, and has built up quite a collection of power tools since!

Below is a photo of his first project, a coffee table made from recycled floorboards..


He has crafted quite a variety of lovely things for our home over the last 10 years or so..

A sconce made from painted recycled wood

Cute chopping boards and an early boat made from an old piece of oak


This mirror was created using driftwood from the River Medway.

A magazine rack was fashioned from a recycled crate


With a lovely piece of driftwood and some rusty nails, a simple hanging rack is constructed!
Some projects have been more complicated than others. Above is a driftwood Grandfather Clock which was a wedding gift for my sister Amy (the beautiful talent that is Chambers & Beau for those of you that didn't know!)
This is a recent piece - a driftwood cupboard for our bathroom...
And lastly, my very favourite construction, a fabulous beach hut wardrobe for our boys!
Steve's got no plans to give up his day job - he's happier making one-offs in his own time, but I thought I would share these photos to show him I think he's actually pretty damn clever!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces - you certainly have a very talented guy.

    Have a lovely day,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post Kirsty. Clever Steve indeed. And what a gorgeous home you've made together with your respective talents xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheres my comment gone? Did you remove it or did it never come??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope Amy, didn't get a previous comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a talented pair you are. I love reclaimed wood furniture. Our coffee table is made from old pallets and we bought it from a guy in Greenwich Market some 15 years ago and it will last a long time yet!

    ReplyDelete