Tuesday 6 April 2010

Homespun Fair

So the Homespun Fair was a great success! The weather was good to us and there were plenty of happy customers throughout the day. At one point I was panicking that I hadn't made enough stock, luckily for me it calmed down a bit in the afternoon! Always nice when you sell alot of stuff, but the best bit is chatting to the other stallholders and customers and being able to put a face to the name of fellow bloggers!

I was only able to take a few photos before the battery in my camera died, so I apologise if I haven't got a shot of everyone's stall.

This was the flower stall in the entrance... such a pretty sight - and a wonderful first impression!

Just some of the goodies on sale from Shabby Chick - some of you may know bubbly Amanda from Totnes Market...

This beautiful and intricate purse was made by the talented and lovely Viv of Hens Teeth...

Isn't she clever?
And these hand-printed ribbons by fair organiser Jane aka Jane and the Happy Crow!


..and some of her sweet little cards.
And last by not least, my very favourite of all....

Check out these beautiful creatures by The Vintage Magpie. I totally fell in love with them - they look even better in real life! I was lucky enough to be positioned next to lovely Nicky (along with her charming daughters!) who proved to be great company!

I have a few pieces left over that will be going into my Folksy shop later, including this jolly driftwood piece...

I hope you enjoyed your day if you were there - if you couldn't make it this time, there is another planned for Sun 8th August so pencil it in your diary!

14 comments:

  1. I wish I could pop by, it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfectly lovely - wish I wasn't so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky were you to be next to Vintage Magpie!
    Wish I lived closer so I could come and have a look!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great day, do you have any pics of your stall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comment Kirsty, can't stop grining....:oD
    Your fair looks fab too,.. & wern't you lucky with the weather!?
    Glad you sold lots of bits & had a great day...
    Marion :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'oh, oh, oh.......' it all looks so gorgeous!

    Glad you had a grand day,

    Nina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kirsty, it was great to meet you on Sunday, and now to have found your lovely blog! Thanks for keeping us all smiling despite the spiteful draught that kept gusting through the doors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely it was to meet you Kirsty! ...and how gorgeous is your work and such a beautiful blog...you are now on my 'faves'! ...loving those seahorses!
    It was a great day out, wasn't it? ...really hope we get to do it all over again in August!
    Love and best wishes...
    Amanda (Shabby Chick) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh it looks like jolly good eye candy of the best kind!! I wish I could have visited, would have spent a fortune no doubt!! Glad you had a good day!
    Much love
    Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it all looks so delicious! You lucky thing having a stall at such a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ribbons and cards - sounds like a great success too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great day! Just to add a sprinkle of sunshine I have nominated your blog for a Sunshine Award.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you had a day full of success and good company! It all looks delightful! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was meeting you and seeing your fantastic work that made the day a really special and memorable one.
    Thanks for the comment and hope to see you at the August Homespun. Keep in touch. x

    ReplyDelete