Monday 6 February 2012

Love bird family

I forgot to show you my Valentine's products for this year!
How utterly useless am I?!

I have made some more love birds in delicious new fabrics: this idea is nothing new, merely something I change eversoslightly now and then...

...but, whilst in the middle of making a batch of birds, I thought how lovely they all looked together - and how it would be great to have more than 2 birds on the perch...

...and then it hit me! A love bird family!

And here is the first one: two proud parents with their baby!

You could even add an older sibling or two!
Anyway, I thought it would be a lovely idea for a newborn gift - or even an alternative Valentine's idea.
I braved the cold and wet at the weekend (no snow here in Cornwall - boo!) as I had an order for some driftwood cottages.

You can see here the different blocks I used

And from this view, you may be able to tell what I used for the roofs? It is the corner pieces you find in fruit crates (we find a lot of those on the beach for some reason).
Perfect! Nothing goes to waste in this household!

I hope you are all managing to keep safe and warm - another chilly one tonight!
See you soon!

12 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you have used! We have our love birds bought from you displayed proudly in the bedroom... I adore them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour fabrics and I love that row of cottages! No snow here in Dorset either. I'm having a bit of a no snow grump looking at everyone else's beautiful photos.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet birds, and I just LOVE those cottages :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little houses are as always my favourites! Although the plump birs are cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas and executions, as always. Such creative thoughts brought to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the houses - they look like they've survived a good few storms. Like the blue one in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just too cute!

    My daughter would be in heaven with these. You have put them together so well.

    Those cottages have a lot of charm about them,

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I soooooo want a row of your driftwood cottages! We are coming to Cornwall over the summer, I have heard it is beautiful and I am really looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kirsty. Thanks for your comment over on my blog! What beautiful work you make. Love those cottages x

    ReplyDelete